Rutgers Business School offers a wide range of education options, including undergraduate degrees, MBA’s, and PhD programs. The university also offers several non-degree options though Rutgers Business School Executive Education (RBSEE). These Mini-MBA™ programs are meant for college graduates looking to continue their education in the business world. To encourage applications for RBSEE, Rutgers introduced a 15 % discount for Rutgers University alumni.
Since Rutgers was targeting alumni specifically with the discount, Schneider Associates was brought in to help speak to this group effectively.
- Position RBSEE as an attractive option for Rutgers alumni seeking post-graduate education.
- Drive lead capture and conversion for a 15% alumni discount.
- Secure 250 + leads for a total of 10 + enrolled by the end of the campaign.
- Increase engagement on Facebook to build the Rutgers brand and create opportunities for admissions growth over time.
SA worked on planning a consistent brand style throughout RBSEE’s Facebook page to stand out more to their alumni. These people were already invested in Rutgers through the education they received there. Rutgers just needed to find a way to break through the clutter of messaging. Prior to the campaign, RBSEE’s Facebook presence was mostly made up of sharing pictures of faculty and students along with posts from their main site’s blog. Original content would give RBSEE an identity that was easier to recognize.
The tone of voice would be aspirational to relate to any goals alumni may want to achieve post-graduation while still being info
rmational about the programs.
During the early stages of planning, SA had two choices to focus the messaging on: the general RBS
EE brand and the specific Mini-MBA programs that fall underneath it.
With this choice in mind, SA used Facebook as a platform for A-B testing to see which of the two would result in more lead capture. The testing revealed that messaging focused on the individual programs outperformed.
SA took the opportunity to implement Facebook’s newest ad features to increase lead capture. With this tool, SA was able to spread awareness of the 15 % discount to alumni while building the Rutgers brand.
- SA’s efforts resulted in over 491 new leads for RBSEE programs.
- SA was able to increase Rutgers’ Facebook following by 574 % over a period of four months. In terms of engagement, RBSEE posts resulted in 67 comments.
- SA created a new look for RBSEE’s Facebook posts. The design centered around a simple vector graphic scheme. This art style paired with the color red made for a strong visual that grabbed viewers’ attention.