Client: Rockland Trust
Project: Media Relations and Community Relations for the Acquisition of Benjamin Franklin Bank
Announce the acquisition of Benjamin Franklin Bank by Rockland Trust in 11 different cities and towns west of Boston. Create and implement a strategy to familiarize existing customers with the new leadership, a wide range of expanded services and assuage any concerns about the transition.
- Addressing the range of concerns and questions a customer might have about the acquisition of its local bank and being forced to accept new bank processes and procedures.
- Reaching customers on a hyper-local level in more than 11 communities to inform them about the changeover and the new banking products and services available to them.
- Developed messaging to address key customer concerns and media trained the executive team to empower them to field an array of tough questions.
- Conducted thorough, in depth media outreach about the transaction to multiple news outlets in the new and existing Rockland Trust markets, as well as regional press.
- Planned and organized a visibility building campaign, which included a “wrapped” mobile van that traveled to various community events in the 11 new Rockland Trust communities and distributed branded giveaways.
- Distributed photos to news outlets for several community events and appearances to show the new and familiar faces of Rockland Trust.
- Secured tremendous local news coverage, including local cable news segments featuring branch spokespeople, a CEO interview on NECN’s New England Business Day, multiple newspaper placements in all 11 local papers, plus regional coverage in the Boston Globe and Boston Herald.
- Helped to deliver a seamless transition before, during and after the acquisition that led to positive media and strong customer retention.
- Built significant awareness in the communities about Rockland Trust’s culture, and the new product and service opportunities available to customers.
Learn more about our corporate services here.