Client: Bay Path University
Bay Path University, a women’s college located in western Massachusetts, offers undergraduate and graduate programs in liberal arts, business and health sciences. Classes are given both on-campus and online through the American Women’s College, the first all-online degree program for women.
Bay Path retained Schneider Associates (SA) to increase social media engagement for its online social media channels and to host a social media Twitter chat promoting the “Better Social U” event on the Bay Path campus. The Twitter chat created a “moment in time,” built the Bay Path social media community and created social engagement. To develop a strategy for Bay Path social media channels, SA conducted a social media audit, drafted content for Facebook and Twitter and engaged a blogger to host the Twitter chat. The goal of the Twitter chat was to educate the Bay Path community about best practices in social media and how to use various channels to achieve professional and educational success.
- Support Bay Path’s “Better Social U” on-campus event about social media
- Promote Bay Path’s degree programs
- Increase social media engagement
Strategies & Execution:
- Created a hashtag and theme for publishing calendars and events
- Wrote a social media publishing calendar that featured Bay Path events, degree programs, external articles about women’s education and posts that engaged the Bay Path audience
- Engaged a blogger to host a Twitter chat prior to the “Better Social U” event on campus
- Developed Twitter chat assets, including a script for the blogger to use during the Twitter chat, a publishing calendar promoting the Twitter chat and tweets for the blogger to publish during the “Better Social U” event
- Monitored chat from the university’s Twitter channels and answered questions from potential students and attendees
Measurement & Results:
SA generated 18 million impressions during the one-hour social media Twitter chat which served as a basis for continued growth of Bay Path’s social channels.
Learn more about our education services here.