Client: Bay Path University
Website Category: Corporate, Education and Nonprofit
For the past three years, Schneider Associates has assisted Bay Path University in the promotion of its Women’s Leadership Conference, an annual gathering of internationally recognized female thought leaders and professionals. The Conference provides women from around the region and the country with the opportunity to network and develop vital career skills. Each year, the conference recruits renowned speakers who share messages of female empowerment and stories of their own career success. Speakers from the past three years have included Barbara Walters, Gloria Estefan and Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post.
While the speakers are definitely a draw at the conference, Bay Path University wanted SA’s help in capturing the spirit of the day, and promoting the lessons attendees can learn from breakout sessions, with the hope of driving more people to attend the conference.
Using a combination of media relations and social media strategies, SA promoted the conference, a one-day event, by coordinating media opportunities, developing social media calendars and live tweeting from the Conference.
- Raise awareness of the annual Bay Path Women’s Leadership Conference in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Boost attendance at the annual Bay Path Women’s Leadership Conference in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Capture the spirit of the conference through live social media posting
Strategies and Execution:
- Promoted appearance of Barbara Walters at 2014 conference through regional and national media placements
- Developed talking points for Barbara Walters to use in media opportunities
- Activated social media to promote the appearance of Gloria Estefan at 2015 conference and Arianna Huffington at 2016 conference
- Created a media list of key media targets for the conferences
- Reached out to key media and blogger contacts on Twitter to promote the conferences
- Developed publishing calendars promoting the conference speakers, sessions and events
- Live tweeted and Facebooked during the conferences using #BayPathConf to create buzz
- Organized and conducted a Twitter party to promote the 2016 conference
- Developed a paid social media campaign to promote the 2016 conference
- Conducted daily community management of Bay Path Women’s Leadership Conference social media channels
Measurement and Results:
Social media referral traffic to the WLC website increased by 272 percent from the start of our engagement compared to the four previous months
–Facebook referrals increased by 420 percent
–Twitter referrals increased 200 percent
Registration page traffic increased by 21 percent from year to year
Schneider-specific traffic increased overall by 99 percent, with new visitors from our effort increased by 49 percent
In 2014, SA was responsible for media relations and secured 34 media placements resulting in 64,734,284 impressions, including an exclusive interview with Barbara Walters in the Boston Globe.
In 2015, SA’s focus was on social media promotion of the March 27 conference. The Bay Path Women’s Leadership Conference Facebook and Twitter generated 1,900 interactions by 952 unique users during the month of March with a potential reach of 4.6 million. Between March 27 and March 28 alone, we saw a significant spike in traffic on Facebook and Twitter, with 1,300 interactions by 454 unique users generating a reach of 4.5 million in that timeframe
Learn more about our education services here.