Client: Cape Cod Central Railroad
- Develop an integrated marketing and public relations campaign to launch and position The Cape Cod Polar Express Train Ride as a premiere family holiday attraction in Boston, Providence, Springfield and Hartford.
- Create consumer awareness and generate website traffic, leads and ticket sales.
- Promote Cape Cod as an off-season tourist destination.
- Generate off-season job interest from local residents and students.
Strategies and Tactics:
- As part of the media relations campaign, developed and distributed wire releases on the launch of the Cape Cod Polar Express Train Ride and Iowa Pacific’s acquisition of Cape Cod Rail.
- Pitched print, online and broadcast outlets to secure advance coverage.
- Coordinated and promoted a job fair in Plymouth, MA, to recruit talent.
- Designed and placed ads for the job fair in local papers and online.
- Consulted on website user experience (UX) with CCCR’s web development team in creating keyword-rich copy for the attraction’s website and improving its layout and functionality.
- Developed compelling graphics and publishing calendars with search engine-optimized language to build brand awareness, drive traffic and leads to the website and boost organic search results.
- Curated content to engage fans on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Secured feature coverage, as well as recurring listings in local and regional outlets’ online calendar listings.
- Developed Google AdWords Pay-Per-Click (PPC) campaign to drive leads and sales.
- Invited regional reporters to an exclusive launch event for the inaugural ride with their families and lucky radio contest winners.
- Developed scripts, developed advertising and secured media buys for radio, television, digital, print, social and shopping center billboard ads to drive ticket sales.
- Wrapped a truck with custom-designed graphics to use as mobile marketing vehicle and developed a schedule of high-traffic consumer locations.
Accelerated Marketing and Promotions—December
- Secured feature coverage by creating ongoing news.
- Developed, coordinated and executed a holiday lighting contest for Cape Cod residents to win cash prizes and tickets on CCCR’s Facebook page.
- Worked with CCCR to write contest rules, promote the contest online and with local media and secure local radio hosts at WCODto review entries and select winners.
- Secured 84 media placements for the Cape Cod Polar Express Train Ride across print, online and broadcast outlets in all markets, including The Boston Globe, NECN, WBZ News Radio,Cape Cod Times, FOX-CT andThe Hartford Courant.
- Secured 441 million impressions.
- Drove 51,681 unique visitors to the website from October 8 through December 30.
Learn more about our launch services here.