Client: MIT Sloan EMBA
Project: MIT Sloan EMBA Program Launch Campaign
- Build brand awareness
- Drive prospective student registrations
- Improve search engine optimization (SEO)
- Emphasize MIT Sloan’s EMBA program differentiators
Strategies and Tactics:
- Launched and managed an MIT Sloan EMBA LinkedIn Group to serve as a content aggregator, to engage current and prospective students and to position the MIT EMBA administrators and students as thought leaders in management education.
- Created a social media guidebook for members of the MIT Sloan Executive MBA’s inaugural class with tips on how to use various social media applications and how to enhance social media activities to increase awareness of the MIT Sloan EMBA program.
- Conducted aggressive media outreach to outlets with audiences similar to the target audience for MIT Sloan’s EMBA program and provided an MIT Sloan EMBA expert and/or student to discuss the program with media.
- Overcame the challenge of being an “unranked” EMBA program during its first three years in existence by identifying the unique program development process that led MIT Sloan to revolutionize the traditional EMBA degree.
- Highlighted a variety of angles for MIT Sloan’s EMBA program during media outreach, such as its innovative teaching of the science of management, the continual globalization of business and the number of business executives choosing to broaden their expertise by enrolling in EMBA programs.
Over the course of 3 months:
- Schneider Associates welcomed 500 non-Sloan members to the MIT Sloan EMBA Official LinkedIn Group, which was the number one driver of traffic to the MIT Sloan EMBA website throughout the admissions cycle.
- SA developed a direct marketing strategy on LinkedIn to recruit members of other Groups to join the MIT Sloan EMBA Official Group and consider registering interest in the program.
SA’s media strategy of offering EMBA experts and current students to act as program ambassadors and highlight MIT Sloan’s differentiators was also very successful. Media Placements included:
- Financial Times, “Fresh Experiences in the Field,” January 9, 2012
- Financial Times, “Aiming High: Are EMBAs worth the High Price Tag?” October 24, 2011
- New York Times, “Betting on an EMBA,” July 24, 2011
- TIME Magazine, “Blue Water, Green Fleet: The Navy Goes Eco-Friendly,” July 19, 2011
- Bloomberg TV’s Taking Stock with Pimm Fox, May 18, 2011.
- Boston Business Journal, “MIT Exec Program Banks on Experience,” May 13, 2011
- Financial Times, “Trains, Planes and EMBAs,” April 11, 2011
In addition, SA’s media efforts resulted in more than 53.5 million impressions, comprising a highly successful launch that increased enrollment, built awareness and differentiated MIT Sloan from other EMBA programs.
Learn more about our launch services here.