The National Association of Corporate Directors New England recruited SA to help raise brand awareness, increase visibility and demonstrate organizational value to existing and prospective members through the development and implementation of a thought leadership campaign distributed via traditional and social media channels.
SA created a proactive media outreach strategy to place NACDNE and its executives in the forefront of business media as leaders and the go-to source for content and interviews about corporate governance and related topics.
SA leveraged traditional and social media to position industry leader NACDNE chairman, Bob Popeo, a prominent Boston attorney, as a knowledgeable resource on topics such as board leadership, corporate responsibility and cyber security.
- Recruit and attract prospective NCAD members and demonstrate value to current and prospective members
- Strengthen the relationship with national NACD leadership to build confidence in local chapter spokespeople so that NACDNE could act as a source to comment on national news
Strategies & Execution:
- Implemented a strategic sourcing program to create a platform for chairman Bob Popeo, as well as other spokespeople from diverse industries within NACDNE, to engage with members of the media about relevant topics of the day
- Leveraged LinkedIn and Twitter as hubs to host and share thought leadership content as well as engage with the association’s existing community and attract new followers
- Created a brand ambassador program within the organization to generate organic impressions of the NACD’s content so that it would appear in the streams of individual networks
- Worked with reporters and editors to encourage NACDNE executive interviews for relevant news and stories
- Pitched and secured high profile trend and feature story placements that offered the media new angles on NACDNE’s value to corporations, its position on corporate governance and leadership
- Developed a bylined article program that generated interest about NACDNE
- Leveraged upcoming events and seminars and used content for op-ed topics
Garnered coverage on Boston.com and in the Boston Herald, Banker & Tradesman, Boston Business Journal, Providence Business News, Patriot Ledger, Worcester Telegram & Gazette and other publications about the Director of the Year awards that positioned NACDNE as leaders in corporate governance.
Enhanced the visibility of the NACDNE through bylined articles such as “The Podium” column on Boston.com by Bill Earon and Bob Popeo.
Learn more about our member associations and organization services here.