Project: Baskin-Robbins Madera, CA Grand Opening Media Relations Campaign
- Garner media interest in grand opening event attendance and pre- and post-event coverage.
- Secure high-profile attendees from both Baskin-Robbins and Madera.
- Facilitate a non-profit partnership between the franchisee, Harpreet Gill, and a local charitable organization to create a cause marketing aspect to the event.
- Position the opening as a great coup for Madera, which normally would not be chosen to as a roll-out destination for a major brand.
- Generate consumer attendance at the event and ensure a successful opening weekend for the new store in Madera, solidifying Baskin-Robbins as a major attraction for residents of Madera and surrounding towns.
- Secure online calendar listings on geo-targeted national event pages and on local media websites in the weeks prior to the grand opening event.
- Create a Save the Date invitation for local Madera VIPs, including: the Mayor, City Councilors, Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, local businesspeople and other influencers.
- Follow up with the VIP list to ensure the attendance of Mayor Robert Poythress and several City Councilors for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Coordinate with Baskin-Robbins to arrange for Vice President of Marketing, Brian O’Mara, to officiate the ribbon cutting.
- Work with the Baskin-Robbins team to select a non-profit organization to partner with for a charitable donation.
- Partner with the Children’s Miracle Network of Madera as the non-profit partner and ensure attendance from Program Director Katelyn Ashton for the ribbon cutting ceremony.
- Draft and distribute a press release to Madera-area broadcast, print and online outlets to garner interest for the prototype store and secure coverage for the grand opening event.
The extensive planning and aggressive media relations during the weeks prior to the Madera grand opening proved to be successful:
- Franchisee Harpreet Gill’s sales exceed three times the average amount of a California standalone store, with more than 800 customers.
- In the weeks surrounding the event, the SA team secured nine placements, reaching a total of 191,760 readers and viewers for an estimated 215,685 impressions, far exceeding the 60,000 citizens of Madera.
Major media placements included:
- KMPH-TV (Fox) (57,336 viewers) on July 16, 2011
- KMPH.com (47,838 viewers) on July 16, 2011
- KSEE-TV (NBC) (31,255 viewers) on July 16 and 18, 2011
- Fresno Business Journal (circulation: 10,000) on May 5, 2011
- TheBusinessJournal.com (8,917 readers) on May 5, 2011
- Madera Tribune (circulation: 4,500) on July 18, 2011
Learn more about our launch services here.