Project: “Pink Carpet” Grand Opening Event, Cause Marketing and Community PR Campaign for Dots
- Raise awareness of Dots entrance into the Bronx market among consumers with a community and media relations campaign.
- Engage with community officials through partnerships with local VIPs, the corporate partner, Tone’s Spa and Salon and non-profit partner, Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at the Westchester Medical Center to create a cause-marketing aspect to the event.
- Create excitement and meet or exceed the company’s sales goals for consumer traffic on grand opening day and during the grand opening week.
- Encourage engagement within social media platforms, such as the Dots Bronx Tumblr page, to create an interactive event where shoppers felt special wearing their Dots outfits during the pink carpet photo shoot.
- Secured online calendar listings on geo-targeted national event pages and on local media websites in the weeks prior to the Pink Carpet Event.
- Created and followed up on a hard copy invitation for Bronx VIPs, including city councilors, chamber of commerce members and local influencers to ensure attendance.
- Secured participation and social media coverage with a local Bronx fashionista and YouTube star, Mel Rose, to attend the event as a fashion consultant who posted videos of the event to create excitement and engagement for the brand among her large number of fans and followers.
- Developed a corporate partnership with popular Tone’s Spa and Salon in the Bronx to provide makeup applications and massages to consumers shopping during the event.
- Finalized the press release and sent it out to targeted Bronx-area hyper-local media to secure coverage.
- Assisted Dots’ national public relations agency with outreach to targeted New York City media contacts.
- Secured the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital at the Westchester Medical Center as the non-profit partner and ensured attendance from the mother of a former patient, Dianna Miranda, to participate in the Pink Carpet Event, accept a $500 charitable donation and be available for local interviews.
- The SA team was successful in creating a memorable and enjoyable Pink Carpet Event that exceeded the grand opening sales goals, consumer store traffic and media expectations of Dots management.
- SA secured multiple VIPs and influencers to attend the event including Bronx Deputy Borough President, Aurelia Greene, Bronx City Council Media Relations Director, Allison Crouch and Bronx fashionista and YouTube star, Mel Rose.
- More than 115 customers participated in the store promotion based on raffle and photo release submissions and the sales goal set by Dots was exceeded over the course of the entire grand opening week with $12,000 or more in sales each day.
- During the weeks leading up to and following the event, SA secured an estimated 5,300,000 impressions for the grand opening- without help of a major daily or television placement.
- Highlight of social media engagement was the interaction of YouTube star Mel Rose, with consumers before, during and after the Pink Carpet Event.
- Her contribution to online engagement was substantial and resulted in more than 122,000 views of her Dots video on YouTube and active engagement with her Twitter audience of 25,229 followers.
Learn more about our launch services here.