Client: Dave & Buster’s
Project: Grand Opening Event and Media Relations for Dave and Busters
- Generate news about the grand opening to peak media interest prior to the event.
- Personalize the event for hyper-local South Shore media targets and consumers.
- Make media tours of the facility interesting and exciting.
- Secure a placement prior to Media Preview Day with one of Boston’s major publications to generate buzz around the opening and entice other reporters to discover Dave & Buster’s.
- Create a visually stimulating Media Preview Day invitation appropriate for the Boston market, play on Boston’s revolutionary history for a “signature trademark” event and make media feel like they were being treated to a VIP experience.
- Conduct media relations with Boston print, broadcast and online outlets, as well as Braintree and Quincy print and online outlets, and aggressive follow up to secure attendees.
- Tailor outreach for specific media ranging from business and food, to local news and gaming, and highlight how each area would be a focus during tours and interviews.
- Create a USB flash drive for all attendees that would be visual, memorable and include all press materials.
- Distribute the Grand Opening press release to media contacts and conduct a round of calls the morning of December 8th to secure last-minute attendance and ensure all who were not able to attend had information on the opening for future stories.
- Invite media who were not able to attend during the day to meet with the Dave & Buster’s team in the days and weeks after for a similar tour of the facility, plus a taste of the food and fun at Dave & Buster’s.
- The SA team received 21 confirmed RSVPs for the event.
- 14 attendees from nine influential local outlets were present at 10:00 a.m. for personalized and private tours of the facility, a sampling of Dave & Buster’s food and drinks, and interviews with Dave & Buster’s executives.
- Three print stories and more than ten online placements ran detailing the Grand Opening of Dave & Buster’s first Massachusetts location.
- SA reached a total of 13.6 million readers for an estimated 14.6 million impressions.
- Boston Globe (circulation: 356,652) and Boston.com (3,495,877 readers) on November 27, 2011 and December 11, 2011
- Boston Herald (circulation: 202,545) and BostonHerald.com (1,374,307 readers) on November 6, 2011
- Patriot Ledger (circulation: 41,135) and PatriotLedger.com (155,970 readers) on December 9, 2011
- Braintree Forum (circulation: 3,843) on December 15, 2011 and WickedLocal.com (534,049 readers) on December 8, 2011
Learn more about our launch services here.