Client: The Government of Quebec, Ministry of Agriculture
Project: Development of a brand identity, integrated marketing and public relations campaign to promote the agriculture products of Quebec.
Create a brand identity for the Ministry of Agriculture and develop an integrated marketing and public relations campaign to raise awareness for and bring attention to the vast array of unique foods imported from Quebec and offered to supermarkets, restaurants and specialty stores in the northeastern United States.
- Creating a brand identity for an organization and products that previously had no collective brand development and little recognition in the United States.
- Being measured by a benchmarking study in Phase One that would dictate if the campaign continued; using only a series of mailings to move the recognition dial to Phase Two.
- Developed the “Foods of Quebec” concept and created the brand name and corresponding logo.
- Created Foods of Quebec campaign messaging, brand standards and high-end collateral pieces, including a series of postcards, a three dimensional mailer, brochures, message guide and Web site.
- Launched brand recognition efforts with a four-part series of over-sized postcards as teasers in advance of a larger brand awareness package. Sent follow up package celebrating the brand and offering high-end product samples to communicate with key influencers in the Northeast corridor, including distributors, sales people, grocers, restaurant managers, associations, buyers and other leaders in food categories.
- Partnered with the University of Sherbrooke in Canada to conduct brand recognition research, which consisted of surveys prior to the campaign and post campaign follow-up surveys.
- “Moved the needle” of brand recognition among target food industry influencers, with survey data that showed an increase in understanding of what Foods of Quebec has to offer.
- Established brand standards for the Ministry of Agriculture that serve as the building blocks for continual communications and awareness campaigns.
- As a result of Phase One, the Ministry of Agriculture retained Schneider Associates to implement an advertising campaign for the seafood industry and to promote a Foods of Quebec event with The Food Emporium, a major retailer in New York City.
Learn more about our creative services here.