Client: Reckitt Benckiser
- Build awareness online among consumers, DIY bloggers and media for d-CON as the number one rodenticide brand in America through “how-to” educational videos on the Web that show how d-CON products can be put into action in every room of the house.
- Manage the delicate balance between hitting the fine points of the brand messaging and clarifying product usage for consumers in a viewer friendly, non-commercial video style.
- Produce eight videos (2-3.5 minutes each) within a span of three months while managing entire process from scripting, location scouting and casting, to taping, editing and video upload – all while staying within budget constraints.
- Search for and selecting a cast that reflected a wide range of customer demographics based on sales data from d-CON.
Strategies and Tactics:
- Developed a series of “how-to” videos to support the growing product line offered by d-CON for rodent control and reinforce their category leadership.
- Used the release of the report to drive people to the “how-to” videos detailing ways to eradicate rodents in the home.
- Tagged the videos with consumer generated phrases from search engines to promote organic, smart Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Created visual, step-by-step video guides for proper use of d-CON products in every room of the house where rodents appear as well as the most effective places to set baits and traps.
- Included a “Rodent Fact” in each video to provide consumers with deeper knowledge about the science of rodent control.
- Released videos individually to improve the SEO value of the program.
- Garnered more than 7,000 video views on YouTube, eHow, uVouch and other content sites within the first six months of launch, which far exceeded expectations for a video in this category.
- Earned the #1 product video ranking on Google for the common search phrase “how to get rid of rats.”
- Videos were repurposed and shown at tradeshows by d-CON and used as educational tools for internal staff and sales team.
- Increased organic SEO through video links and blogger re-linking.
- Placed videos on d-CON Web site as an additional educational tool for consumers.
Learn more about our social media services here.