Client: dots, affordable women’s clothing retailer
- Develop a content marketing campaign and social media contest to drive traffic and sales for the new dots e-commerce site.
- Launch the dots e-commerce site with a content marketing campaign promoting holiday shopping to:
- Drive consumer awareness
- Increase website traffic
- Influence consumer sales in a crowded holiday marketplace
- Engage with consumers and brand fans on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
Blogger outreach to build partnerships with well-known, independent fashion bloggers and create an exciting campaign that introduces dots to fashion-savvy audiences.
Strategies and Tactics:
- SA identified top independent fashion and lifestyle bloggers whose “brand” most closely aligned with dots consumers.
- SA engaged The Fashion Bomb and J’s Everyday Fashions in paid sponsorships to attract a wide audience of shopping aficionados.
- SA targeted other fashion bloggers to secure earned placements based on target demographics and UMVs, securing coverage with The Budget Babe, Cheapalicious and The Fashionable Housewife.
- As part of the content marketing and consumer contest, SA developed a contest with eight Pinboard categories based on holiday and seasonal fashion trends.
- Participants could group their entry boards, each using a minimum of 10 dots products, as well as looks from other retail sources.
- SA carefully curated eight sample Pinboards to illustrate each category, showcase the look and versatility of dots merchandise, and further inspire consumers to enter the contest or shop online.
- SA developed and finalized contest rules and digital assets, including an “instructographic,” and coordinated kickoff messaging with participating bloggers.
- SA distributed blog posts, Facebook posts and tweets on launch day from dots’ corporate channels and those of partner bloggers to fuel the content marketing campaign.
- Contest rules were posted in dots’ Facebook cover photo and on partner blogs.
- Participants were encouraged to submit their boards by posting links as comments on either the dots Facebook cover photo or The Fashion Bomb and J’s Everyday Fashions’ posts.
- Following the contest’s conclusion, dots named one grand prize winner and nine runners-up based upon creativity, number of pins and “look thoroughness” (apparel, shoes, hair, nails, accessories).
- SA led the contest’s ongoing community management efforts, continuously promoting via Facebook and Twitter. SA highlighted participant entries on a daily basis and was tasked with responding to customers’ questions and guiding the submission process.
- “Pin It to Win It” entries were monitored via a listening and monitoring program, where we reviewed submissions and content on social media channels and partner blogs. As a result, the SA and the dots Fashion Committee awarded one $300 grand prize gift card and nine $50 runners-up gift cards.
- The “Pin It to Win It” contest increased online revenue for dots by 500% over the course of the campaign.
- The average value of sales driven through Pinterest during the duration of the campaign increased by 679%.
- Assisted web conversions from social channels increased by 100% during the weeks prior to the campaign, and Facebook had a 140% increase in assisted conversions and a 208% increase in assisted conversion value over previous weeks.
- During the two-week program, dots gained 4,720 new Facebook fans and campaign-related posts reached 359,846 existing Facebook users who “like” the page.
Learn more about our social media services here.