Tooth Fairy Survey Generates Excitement for New Kids’ Toothbrushes
Client: Sunstar Americas, Inc.
Sunstar Americas, Inc., a leading global oral health care company, announced a new line of kids’ toothbrushes featuring licensed characters from Saban’s Power Rangers™, Lalaloopsy™ and DreamWorks Animation’s How to Train Your Dragon 2™ that joined Sunstar GUM®’s existing kids’ product portfolio. To build increased awareness and online visibility for the brand and this new line of children’s toothbrushes, Sunstar GUM®partnered with Schneider Associates (SA) to launch a strategic digital media relations campaign to reach the company’s core audience of parents with young children, raise brand awareness and product consideration in conjunction with National Tooth Fairy Day.
- Leverage National Tooth Fairy Day to engage parents and the media in a dialogue about oral health through consumer survey research data.
- Generate regional and top tier media attention for Sunstar GUM®, highlighting the company as a top oral hygiene company in the U.S.
- Educate the core audience of parents with young children about the importance of proper oral health care through the development and deployment of fun, creative and educational content that included specific calls-to-action.
- Influence product consideration in stores and online.
Strategy and Execution:
- Identified National Tooth Fairy Day (February 28) as a key moment in time to conduct an online survey with parents of children between the ages of five and 12 to determine how parents in different regions of the country reward their kids for good oral health care.
- Researched and developed questions about parents and their children’s oral health care.
- Distributed the survey to Sunstar GUM®’s key markets in the U.S., including Boston, New York, Dallas/Houston, Chicago and Los Angeles.
- Analyzed data from the survey to discern trends in parenting as it applies to oral health care.
- Drafted four media pitches, including:
“Where You Live Impacts Your Payout from the Tooth Fairy”
“Tooth Fairy Dads Pay Twice as Much as Tooth Fairy Moms”
“The Tooth Fairy Comes in as the #2 Most Popular Holiday Hero”
“Dads Are Now Leading the Charge in Oral Care”
- Conducted outreach to national and local print, online and broadcast media outlets prior to National Tooth Fairy Day to garner first mover media attention for the survey findings.
Measurement and Results:
Throughout the course of the month-long campaign, SA secured 30 placements in outlets such as New York Daily News, The Daily Mail, and Yahoo! Parenting, generating more than 218 million media impressions.
Learn more about our launch services here.