Berkshire Choral International, founded in 1982, is a not-for-profit educational institution that offers professional-level choral instruction to amateur singers in week-long programs held in breath-taking venues around the world. Attracting both singers and listeners across multiple countries, BCI has built a fierce and loyal audience base across its 30 + year history, with many choristers making it a yearly tradition. BCI tasked Schneider Associates with attracting a new generation of choristers to help bring new faces and voices into the fold. This target audience includes people between 40 and 65, empty nesters and retirees with disposable incomes, older vacationers with musical experience, and church choir members across the country.
- Promote BCI’s 2017 sessions to attract new participants for the upcoming year by building awareness, website traffic, leads, and applications.
- Position BCI as the premiere “dream choral experience” to raise awareness of its unique offerings.
- Advertise in both digital and traditional channels to reach older consumers with an existing interest in music and singing.
- Use social media channels to promote BCI and generate leads with both young and old music lovers.
- Develop content that appeals to a younger demographic to engage them in applying. .
Strategies & Execution
- Redesigned BCI’s homepage to prioritize important information and format links and photos consistently.
- Added social media links to every page of website to encourage cross-media engagement.
- Added an “Apply” button directly under the program info on BCI’s website to create a quick and easy route for interested users to sign up.
- Created a form-gated downloadable info packet to provide an overview of the BCI program and incentivize lead capture.
- Developed a blog to host nurturing content such as video interviews while also providing information on news and events related to BCI.
- Launched banner and email campaigns to attract interest in BCI that lead to an increased number in applications.
- Produced several videos to leverage in paid and organic social media posts.
- Wrote sponsored posts on Facebook to recruit both singers and audience members along with linking directly to the info packet download and the BCI website.
- Generated 1,330 total leads; 1157 of which were new to BCI with no previous exposure to the organization.
- Attracted 77 new applicants; 56 that could be directly associated with our marketing efforts.
- Engaged 70 of 311 alumni members in this marketing emails.
- Reached a lead conversion rate of 10 % while opening conversations with potential attendees about enrolling over the next 2 to 3 years.
- Generated 44,732 sessions on the BCI homepage from June to December 2016, of which 31,263 came from new visitors.
- Generated 3,365,879 impressions and 60,256 post engagements on Facebook from April 2016 to January 2017 (a 2000 % increase from the previous year) along with 34,784 link clicks (a 5,000% increase).
- Gained 5,547 new fans on Facebook between April 2016 and January, a 232 % increase over the previous year.