The Challenge: Position renovated rental property as an ideal residential community, as well as promote its new renovations, residents, and staff.
Real estate and property management company Metropolitan Properties of America (MPA) decided to invest more than $20 million to refurbish all 919 apartments and construct a new amenity center at Granada Heights in Malden.
SA was contracted to position Granada Highlands as an ideal residential community, as well as promote its new renovations, residents, and staff. Furthermore, SA was asked to raise MPAs profile as a respected long-term neighbor in Malden, through building relationships with the city’s political and municipal leadership.
Our Approach: A comprehensive media relations and community engagement campaign to bring attention to the property, new ownership, management and MPA’s commitment to the city.
SA aimed top bring attention to MPA’s newly renovated property, Granada Highlands, and the new ownership and management, by promoting MPA’s efforts, building relationships with city leaders, and demonstrating its long-term economic commitment to Malden and the region by engaging in comprehensive media relations and community engagement campaign.
- Drafted media pitches centering on improvements at Granada Highlands and in the city of Malden
- Developed a bylined article for MPA President Jeffrey Cohen that ran in print and online in three city outlets, emphasizing his local ties, working relationship with the city and his investments in the community’s future.
- Planned, promoted, and facilitated a “thank you reception” and media event at the Granada Highlands amenity center
- Managed the speaking program of the media event, photo opportunities, amenity center hours, apartment tours, as well as lunch for all guests at the event.
- Invited and secured the attendance of many key leaders of the Malden community at the event, such as the city’s mayor, two state representatives, chief of police, fire chief, city councilor, director of public works, and others.
- Created visuals for the event and managed the photography to ensure interesting visuals were captured to accompany SA’s media outreach efforts.
Results: Granada Highlands experienced an uptick in rental applications.
The events and press from the media outlets secured relationships between MPA management and Malden municipal and political officials, and the Granada Highlands experienced an uptick in rental applications with many citing the Globe and other news stories as how they heard about the property.
As part of the media relations campaign, SA secured coverage in seven media outlets, resulting in more than 2.5 million impressions for the “Thank you, Malden” reception and MPA’s larger investment in revitalizing Granada Highlands. This included a large article on the front page of the Boston Globe North edition.
Learn more about our real estate marketing and PR services here.