Project: Increase Visibility for One of Massachusetts’ Oldest Nonprofits
- Position Child & Family Services’ (CFS) senior management as thought leaders in Massachusetts’ nonprofit sector through a four month public relations project.
- Expand the organization’s public presence through proactive outreach to current and potential stakeholders, as well as key media contacts in the South Coast and Cape Cod areas.
- Strategically build the agency’s social media presence.
Strategies and Tactics:
- Working with CFS leadership, SA developed media messaging, which highlighted the organization’s comprehensive service outreach, impressive 170 year tradition, and recent growth throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Cape Cod.
- SA conducted aggressive media outreach to local print, online, and broadcast outlets to secure interview opportunities for CFS management and to disseminate information regarding CFS events, staff changes and facility expansion.
- SA used existing relationships with reporters and producers on Cape Cod to increase the organization’s visibility to complement its newest Cape Cod location.
- To further position site directors as thought leaders, SA established an op-ed strategy and secured placement for multiple op-eds with online and print news outlets on Massachusetts’ South Coast.
- SA identified key influencers within the state’s nonprofit sector, such as Massachusetts politicians, and coordinated in-person meetings with these leaders to introduce them to CFS and the great work it does in the community.
- SA provided strategic counsel to enhance the organization’s Twitter and Facebook pages, positioning both platforms as resources for online visitors to stay “in the know” about CFS and the social services space in general.
- Positioned the organization’s leaders as knowledgeable experts in a variety of social services issues, including mental health care, adoption and coping.
- Developed a strong public presence for the CFS brand, continuously engaging with 283 Facebook users, and reaching current and potential supporters through targeted social media and traditional media relations outreach.
Learn more about our non-profit services here.