- Develop a logotype, signage, and materials to brand and commemorate Baskin-Robbins’ 65th birthday celebration.
- Ensure that graphics and signage show prominently in b-roll footage we provided to the media to secure coverage of this special event at Brand Central.
Strategies and Tactics:
- Held strategic planning meetings with the Baskin-Robbins marketing and public relations teams at Brand Central (Baskin-Robbins headquarters) in Canton, MA, where the campaign goals were finalized.
- Researched consumer insights through Facebook and Twitter and talked to the organization’s top corporate executives.
- Developed a logotype that aligned with the brand standards of Baskin-Robbins while also achieving a distinct brand impression and conveying the fun and festive nature of this important day in the ice cream world.
- Created signage in the same family as the logotype, including a huge magnetic pink banner affixed to the side of a Brinks Security truck to transform it into a Baskin-Robbins “Deep Freeze” transport vehicle.
- Developed new, custom ice cream tub labels for each of the retiring five flavors, each with their own color combination, while taking into account the specifications required to ensure flavor names were recognizable and readable in b-roll video we provided to broadcast outlets and used on the web.
- Created large event banners to display the 65th birthday logo and imagery, which added a festive feeling to this special event.
- These graphic elements made the photography and b-roll video “pop.”
- SA secured several top-tier media placements with many showing the graphics from the event, or showing the custom 65th birthday logo.
- The campaign generated widespread national and regional media coverage, including a lengthy two-minute national broadcast feature on ABC World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer.
- Within a two-week timeframe, SA garnered more than 105 million impressions for Baskin-Robbins’ 65thBirthday and helped Baskin-Robbins increase sales during the key month of July.
Learn more about our creative services here.