Job Title: Director of Sales and Marketing
Reports To: CEO
If meeting, greeting, schmoozing and closing business is in your DNA, this Director of Sales and Marketing job is for you. Your meteoric rise in a major PR, marketing or digital agency has prepared you for your next challenge — driving sales for an established Boston-based digital marketing and PR agency that is committed to growth. Last year we grew 25% and our goal is to continue that trend. We need an experienced leader to network, pitch prospects, write proposals, win business and identify ways to build the agency.
In short — if you are a high-powered self-starter who is passionate about driving new business and embrace the opportunity to work in an organization where being out of the office selling is valued and rewarded — then you’ve found your new home.
The Director of Sales and Marketing will play a critical role in planning and executing the agency’s short-and long-term growth strategies in tandem with the Senior Leadership Team. The Director will conduct an audit of existing marketing and new business initiatives, write an action plan and implement the agency’s 2019 plan on time and within budget. The ideal candidate is an innovative multi-tasker who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment and is not afraid to try new ideas to get results.
Candidates should have 8-10 years’ experience selling B2B/professional services and implementing integrated marketing campaigns that use lead generation and the closing skills to land them as clients. Contact us today if you are interested in learning more.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Our new Director of Sales and Marketing will thrive because he/she has the following expertise:
- Proven track record selling six and seven figure marketing campaigns and leading new business development in a fast-paced environment
- Loves to work a room at industry networking events that align with key vertical targets including education, professional services and real estate/public affairs
- Ability to deliver high-level, new business “up at bat meetings” by identifying prospects, making connections, educating on agency services, nurturing relationships and seeking and writing new business proposals that get prospects to yes
- Passion for managing our marketing/design staff to produce lead generation, nurturing content and other marketing materials to use in PR, marketing and sales efforts
- Experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, MailChimp, marketing automation platforms, Sysomos and all social media platforms; Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
Do you feel qualified for this position? Email a current resume and cover letter to Don Martelli, Vice President of New Business Development at email@example.com.