If you’re interested in public relations and marketing communications and want to ‘learn by doing,’ Schneider Associates is a great place to grow your skills. You’ll gain valuable agency experience, build a solid portfolio and have fun.
Our public relations internship program is rated among the top programs in the U.S. We offer Launch PR, digital PR and social media guidance, which provides our interns with an opportunity to learn key disciplines from agency professionals. In addition, interns participate in monthly workshops to help hone their skills for a career in the marketing communications, PR industry and beyond including resume writing and job interview training.
We’ve created our intern program with the intention of getting students more involved in doing the work rather than just creating media lists and making copies. When our interns prove they can contribute to our teams, we love to give them more challenging work. If you want hands on experience, we’ll do our best to provide you with the opportunities you seek.
- Conducting research for client initiatives and new business presentations
- Researching and writing posts for the agency blog and assisting with the agency Twitter handles (@schneiderpr, @launchpr and @mmnpl)
- Supporting client campaigns, events and social media programs
- Compiling press clips, writing media placement reports, proofreading and editing documents, as well as other PR-related administrative duties
- Familiarity and interest in digital PR, Launch PR and marketing, as well as social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Pinterest and Reddit
- Computer proficiency &web research skills; ability to conduct media research
- Competency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Some experience writing press materials (press releases, media lists, etc.)
- Able to work between two and five 8-hour days per week
- Passionate about learning, improving your skills, and contributing to a team effort!
If you are interested in joining a winning team with clients such as Liquid Wrench, GUNK, MIT, Rockland Trust, GUM, Bondera, Sleep Innovations and Hebrew Senior Life, please forward your resume and cover letter by mail or email to:
2 Oliver Street
Boston, MA 02109
Attn: Internship Coordinator