Schneider Associates’ clients are an intriguing mix of entrepreneurial start-ups and major corporations from around the country and the world. As a result, our associates have the opportunity to work on a diverse group of accounts across our key practice areas— Consumer Food, Retail and Home, Corporate, Public Affairs, Launch Consulting and Creative Services.
Many of our associates work across different disciplines, allowing them to develop knowledge and experience in more than one practice area. This diversity makes for a refreshing and engaging work experience, and also provides our clients with access to professionals who have deep and broad expertise.
Working at Schneider Associates means traveling to the heart of the financial district where all the hot agencies are located. Oliver Street is a stone’s throw from historic Faneuil Hall and Boston Harbor, two of the city’s biggest attractions.Our employment offering includes everything you would expect from a company committed to our people, including great benefits, half-days during Summer Fridays, holidays, bonus days, and cool company outings (check out the SA blog to learn more). Our culture of dedication balanced by openness to fun and adventure is something that is instilled, and exemplified, by the president of the company, Joan Schneider.
If you are interested in starting or continuing your career at Schneider Associates, please forward a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
We are currently hiring!
Seasoned Public Affairs Professional
Schneider Associates is seeking a seasoned public affairs professional with strong media experience to help spearhead our influence campaigns that leverage cutting edge research and social media. We educate targeted audiences and impact public opinion, and will look for you to “hit the ground running” to help implement campaign strategies and help our clients navigate the legislative process.
For more than a decade, Schneider Associates has been a leader in designing and executing successful multi-faceted public affairs campaigns. We apply the political campaign model to private-sector economic development initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in political campaigns, public policy, or government affairs, with a focus on media relations.
We’re looking for entrepreneurial, hard-working, detail-oriented individuals who are passionate about politics, media of all types, and campaigning. An appetite for challenging projects and an ability to work with the media are musts. Our public affairs practice is growing quickly and this is an opportunity to be part of a start-up environment within a larger agency.
• Pitching stories, writing press releases, and engaging media
• Conducting legislative, policy, and media research
• Interacting regularly with office holders and staff
• Leading digital and social media grassroots campaigns
• Writing campaign materials (speeches, talking points, message guides, op-eds, web copy)
• Conducting voter research and developing targeted voter programs
• Supporting new business initiatives
• 3-5 years of political campaign, public policy, or government affairs experience with a focus on political communications
• Computer proficiency, web research and social media skills (GIS, Excel and Access are preferred)
• Legislative/political research experience (professional or academic)
• Passionate about public affairs campaigns – and a healthy appetite for fun!
If you are interested in joining our public affairs team, please forward your resume, cover letter and at least one writing/research sample to:
Attn: Human Resources
Re: Public Affairs AE/SAE
* If you have a blog, Twitter feed or LinkedIn profile, please send details.
Digital & Interactive Designer
Schneider Associates is seeking a talented Digital and Interactive Designer to join our growing (and fun) digital strategy, creative services and social media marketing group. The successful candidate will bring cutting edge digital and social programs to life for clients in a range of industries, from corporate and non-profit to consumer food, retail, home and lifestyle brands, to grassroots issues campaigns. This role is a combination of hands-on design as well as art direction, video production and project management, so the ideal candidate will be comfortable wearing many hats and working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Candidates should have an understanding of digital and print media (online vs. offline; paid, earned and owned media) and the importance of video in these mediums. This designer will work with agency teams, external partners (developers, writers and junior designers) and report to the directors of SA’s creative and digital teams. Experience creating complex, visually beautiful interactive experiences for web, mobile interfaces and email communications will set you apart from the rest.
The Ideal candidate will be a great communicator, both verbally and in writing, creative problem solver, analytical thinker and a devotee to social media innovation. Whether you’ve been a contributor on high-end design projects from concept to completion at a creative agency, digital production company or media network, you’ll have an impressive portfolio to showcase your skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience, at senior level, designing for print, web and/or mobile
- Thoroughly fluent with digital tools in CS6, including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Final Cut.
- Knowledge of back-end coding such as HTML5, CSS, ActionScript, XML etc is a big plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where the demands and directions of the work are constantly changing
- Skill in video production and editing with Final Cut Pro and Motion
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and communicate the issues around a job effectively, including strong communication and collaborative skills
- Can drive smart, tactical execution of client programs
- In-depth understanding of social media tools and ability to implement social media programs
- Understand what success means to each client, then deliver on those results
- Can mentor junior team members and interns
- Proven ability to add creative insight and clever problem-solving on a consistent basis
Working at Schneider Associates
Schneider Associates’ clients are an intriguing mix of entrepreneurial start-ups and major corporations from around the country and the world. Working at Schneider Associates means traveling to the heart of the financial district where all the hot agencies are located. Oliver Street is a stone’s throw from historic Faneuil Hall and Boston Harbor, two of the city’s biggest attractions. Our employment offering includes everything you would expect from a company committed to our people, including great benefits, half-days during Summer Fridays, holidays, bonus days, and cool company outings (check out the SA blog to learn more). Our culture of dedication balanced by openness to fun and adventure is something that is instilled, and exemplified, by the president of the company, Joan Schneider.
About Schneider Associates
Schneider Associates (SA) is a public relations and integrated marketing agency that uses a blend of traditional, digital and social strategies to help clients innovate in a digital age and navigate the ever-changing marketing landscape. SA specializes in Launch Public Relations®, a proprietary method of launching new products and invigorating icon products. President Joan Schneider has written two books on launching new products including The NEW Launch Plan: 152 Tips, Tactics, and Trends from the Most Memorable New Products that is available on Kindle and at Amazon.com. To learn more about Schneider Associates, please visit: www.schneiderpr.com. Schneider Associates – Always Launching New Ideas